Mermaid candle

As the mercury on the thermometer rises towards 100 degrees and beyond here in Arizona my thoughts naturally turn to cool ocean breezes and beautiful beaches. While I can't jump in the car and go to the beach right away (6 hours away) I can make something that reminds me of those places. I was inspired to do a candle after reading Jean's Altered Pages facebook post about wrapping a candle with images as a quick and easy project. So I gathered up my supplies; painted tissue paper, charms, Altered Pages Mermaids You Make colllage sheet and some twine, leftover painted cheesecloth from another project, seashells, and glitter.


Just glue on the painted tissue paper, add image, wrap painted cheesecloth loosely around the bottom add seashells and a crab (just below the mermaid). Then string the charms on some twine and tie to secure it. I did distress the charms a little with some brown Stazon ink.

That's it!


This will be submitted to the Unruly Paper Art's RAQ Marvelous Mermaid challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment